The Oubliette

Pronunciation: "ü-blE-'et Function: noun Etymology: French, from Middle French, from oublier to forget, from Old French oblier, from Vulgar Latin *oblitare, frequentative of Latin oblivisci to forget Definition: A place to leave things (or people) to forget about them

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Nice to be noticed

So I went to a party under the thin disquise of a wine tasting function. It had a healthy mix of people dressed up and down. For such a small gathering, it was extremely loud. It was to the point several times in the night where people had to be shout to be heard. It's a miracle the old curmudgeons that live next door and below didn't complain.

It was a typical party...schmoozing and cruising. I chatted up with my friends and talked with some folks I met there. All in all, nothing that unusual.

The party had started around 5 p.m. and was getting its second wave of people coming in. In the second wave, there was this pretty good looking guy who walked in and sat down next to me. We chatted a bit, the light party banter. He seemed like a pretty nice guy. It was nice to stare and be stared at across a crowded room at a very attractive guy. Like I'm the type of guy who hangs out in bars to meet people...yeah RIGHT!

Oh well it kind of made my night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home